It is our intention to make our setting accessible to children and families from all
sections of the local community. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the setting through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
- We ensure that the existence of our setting is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the
- We ensure that information about our setting is accessible and provided in written and spoken
- We will provide translated written materials where language needs of families suggest this is required, as well as
access to an interpreter.
- We arrange our waiting list in birth order. In addition, our policy may take into account the
- the vicinity of the home to the setting; and
- siblings already attending the setting.
- We keep a place vacant, if this is financially viable, to accommodate an emergency admission.
- We describe our setting and its practices in terms that make it clear that it welcomes both fathers and mothers,
other relations and other carers, including child-minders.
- We describe how our practices treat each child and their family, having regard to their needs arising from their
gender, special educational needs, disabilities, social background, religion and ethnicity or from English being a newly acquired additional language.
- We describe how our practices enable children and/or parents with disabilities to take part in the life of the
- We monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the group to ensure that our intake is representative
of social diversity.
- We make our Valuing Diversity and Promoting Equality Policy widely known.